Thousands of vulnerable people in our community lack safe and secure housing – and the support required to rebuild their lives.
SHIFT is a new Anglicare initiative to provide support and housing for families in transition – particularly refugees and those fleeing domestic violence. The SHIFT program will:
- provide families with access to low-cost, short-term housing
- assist families in accessing other Anglicare and government services as needed
- partner with churches to provide families with practical support and friendship
- provide churches with opportunities to learn and grow in their capacity to care for vulnerable families.
SHIFT is very much a partnership initiative, providing opportunities for churches and individuals to be involved in a number of ways:
- we’re seeking property owners to lease their investment properties to us for a period of two to five years
- churches are invited to partner with us to provide practical, community and prayer support
- donors can provide financial support through a regular or one-off tax-deductible donation
- individuals can be involved through praying, encouraging their church to get involved and participating in practical activities.