SHIFT – Support and Housing Initiative for Families in Transition
Thousands of vulnerable people in our community lack safe and secure housing – and the support required to rebuild their lives.
SHIFT is a new Anglicare initiative to provide support and housing for families in transition – particularly refugees and those fleeing domestic violence. The SHIFT program will:
- provide families with access to low-cost, short-term housing
- assist families in accessing other Anglicare and government services as needed
- partner with churches to provide families with practical support and friendship
- provide churches with opportunities to learn and grow in their capacity to care for vulnerable families.
SHIFT is very much a partnership initiative, providing opportunities for churches and individuals to be involved in a number of ways:
- we’re seeking property owners to lease their investment properties to us for a period of two to five years
- churches are invited to partner with us to provide practical, community and prayer support
- donors can provide financial support through a regular or one-off tax-deductible donation
- individuals can be involved through praying, encouraging their church to get involved and participating in practical activities.
To find out more contact shift[at]anglicare.org[dot]au
Take Love is about loving others. We love because Jesus first loved us. Take Love encourages youth ministries, schools and Christian groups to see ways to love those around them. It equips youth ministries in their mission to make disciples.
To find out more visit takelove.org.au
Toys 'n' Tucker
We think there’s no better way to share the joy of Christmas with people in need than through Toys ‘n’ Tucker. Join us in November, along with schools, businesses, churches, youth groups and community groups to collect food and toys in greater Sydney and the Illawarra.
It’s only through people’s generosity that Anglicare is able to provide Christmas food and gifts to thousands of families who would otherwise go without.
We will provide all the information and material you need to organise and promote your food and/or gifts collection. Anglicare takes your donated food and gifts to our warehouse at Villawood. Our team of volunteers sort and pack the Christmas hampers and gift parcels. Anglicare distributes these to thousands of families in our community who come to us for assistance.
Registrations for Toys ‘n’ Tucker 2017 will open in September.
For any enquiries please contact us at toysntucker[at]anglicare.org[dot]au