Workplace Giving is a simple, effective way to make a life-changing impact in the lives of the most vulnerable people in our community. It’s an optional program that provides an easy, cost effective way for individuals and organisations to donate. It’s a ‘win’ for the individual, the organisation and Anglicare Sydney.
Through Anglicare, you can help change the lives of single people, children and their families who come to us for assistance. They may be people living with a disability, and their carers. Or children, adolescents, and families experiencing a relationship crisis. Or people living in poverty who may be facing eviction, unable to pay their bills and unable to put food on the table.
How it benefits you as an employee
Workplace Giving allows you to donate pre-tax dollars to Anglicare Sydney through your payroll system. All you have to do is nominate the amount you wish to donate. Your donation is then automatically deducted from your gross salary each pay cycle. The Workplace Giving program does not affect your gross income or other calculations such as superannuation guarantee payments or fringe benefits tax (FBT). Only 60% of people who donate claim their eligible tax deductions.
The benefits of the program are that you:
- receive an immediate tax benefit from your pre-tax donation
- save time searching for receipts at tax time. Your employer will provide you with a record at the end of the financial year
- make a simple, cost effective donation
- can start, stop or change your donation at any time can remain anonymous if you choose.
For example, a monthly payroll donation of $40 to Anglicare means:
- you receive a tax saving* of $12
- your donation only costs you $28
- However, Anglicare still receives $40.
‘But wait... there’s more.’ If your employer matches your donation, Anglicare could receive $80.**
*Based on 2011-2012 Australian marginal tax rate of 32% for taxable incomes of $37,001-$80,000
**Dollar for dollar matching
What should you do?
- Check with your payroll office if Anglicare is a nominated charity for Workplace Giving. If Anglicare is already nominated please proceed to Step 3.
- If no, have your payroll office fill out the Workplace Giving Payroll/Employer Nomination Form.
- Please fill out the Workplace Giving Authorisation for Employees Form and hand to your payroll office.
How it benefits an Employer
Workplace giving is a powerful way to strengthen staff morale, enhance your company’s reputation and make a difference in our community – at very little cost. You may even want to nominate Anglicare as a preferred Workplace Giving corporate charity partner.
The Workplace Giving program benefits your organisation as it:
- is low cost, simple to administer and offers employees a tax effective way to donate
- supports your employees and their charitable interests
- allows you, as a socially responsible organisation, to make a significant impact on the lives of the thousands people Anglicare helps every day
- allows employees to feel the value of engaging in a workplace program that changes lives and grows communities
- gives you the opportunity so show your support for your employees’ generosity by matching their gifts. This doubles the impact of your gift providing a greater level of support.
You may also wish to consider making a one-off company donation to specific Anglicare Sydney projects that are of interest to you and your employees.
How it benefits Anglicare and the people we help
Only 2% of working Australians donate through a Workplace Giving scheme and yet there are so many benefits in giving this way. The benefits to Anglicare are:
- it is a regular, reliable source of donations
- it is the most cost-efficient way to give
- the donation is paid directly by the organisation to us as a lump sum donation
- Anglicare’s administration costs are reduced because we only process one donation from each organisation
- more of your valuable contribution reaches the people who need it most.