Anglicare Sydney is committed to advocate for justice on behalf of people who are materially deprived, socially excluded and marginalised. We seek to meet the needs of the marginalised because God loves them, and Jesus teaches us to ‘love our neighbours as ourselves’.
Anglicare’s research is mainly conducted by our Social Policy and Research Unit (SPRU). We conduct research to:
- identify and explore our client’s needs
- better understand the impact public policy has on people’s lives, and
- improve Anglicare’s service provision to our clients.
Anglicare’s research is a crucial way of listening to our clients and hearing what they have to say. This research also provides a sound basis for our public advocacy on their behalf so their voices can be heard by the media as well as State and Federal Government.
The Social Policy and Research Unit also partners in research with the National Church Life Survey, Diocese of Sydney; Anglicare Australia; and university researchers.
Apart from research SPRU:
- prepares submissions to Government inquiries
- undertakes program evaluation to enhance existing practice and promote innovation
- assists in developing Anglicare’s evaluation capacity
- conducts analysis of Census and other data
- carries out demographic mapping.