Anglicare Sydney exists to meet the material, social, emotional and spiritual needs of those who come to us for assistance. We acknowledge that each person is created by God, and in serving we disregard any racial, cultural, socio-economic, and man-made barriers that divide us from each other. Our faith in Jesus Christ compels us to act with compassion, help the vulnerable, and be a voice for the disadvantaged.
Our faith in Jesus Christ compels us to act with compassion, help the vulnerable, and be a voice for the disadvantaged. Our wide range of services aim meet the needs of:
- older and frail aged people; people with dementia; people with a disability; carers, and those requiring respite
- individuals and families experiencing financial hardship, social isolation, emotional distress or mental health issues
- children, young people and parents experiencing relationship breakdown
- children requiring foster care
- people in hospitals, juvenile detention and prison
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds; refugees and asylum seekers.
Many of our services can only be delivered through the generous support of our donors who partner with us financially and in prayer to achieve both immediate and sustainable solutions for those in need.
Your prayer support is vital to our work. You can download our Prayer Diary which gives a brief overview of our work and prayer points for our clients, services, and staff.