Our foster carers come from all walks of life and from many different family stages and situations.
The most important thing is that they enjoy caring for children and are able to provide a stable, safe and caring home environment.
There is an ongoing need for foster carers to meet a range of types of foster care. We seek carers who have an insight into the needs of children, personal adaptability and family flexibility.
What's involved in becoming a carer?
The process of becoming an authorised carer with us generally takes around four to six months and involves the following steps:
- Initial enquiry and phone conversation
- Preliminary interview in your home
- Training course to learn about the needs of children and the skills of carers
- Assessment interviews involving all members of the household
- Approval decision made by Anglicare
- When approved, available carers are matched with referrals of children requiring placement
- Placement proceeds with the support and coordination of the case manager.
Through these steps a relationship is established to answer questions, discuss issues and respond to difficulties.