Anglicare At Home has partnered with KaRa MINDS to offer you comprehensive cognitive health programs designed to improve your memory and reduce your risk of dementia. This partnership is exclusive to Anglicare and not available with any other home care provider.
Whether you just want to be proactive about your brain health or are currently experiencing memory changes and want to reduce your risk of dementia, the Brain Wise program can help you.
The program provides an excellent baseline for ongoing health and wellbeing and if you are experiencing memory changes, it will assist you to define potential causes and identify opportunities to minimise ongoing decline.
The appointment involves a 2-hour proactive multidisciplinary assessment designed to review your health and cognitive wellness.
During this assessment information about your general health and wellness will be collected by our GP. An ECG and a blood test will be undertaken for clinical analysis, as well as memory and cognitive testing, which is conducted by KaRa MINDS cognitive raters. This assessment is done confidentially and results of this appointment can be forwarded to your GP or nominated health practitioner upon your request. If your blood tests are found to be outside of normal range, a copy will be made available to your nominated doctor and you will be advised to follow up. The primary objective of this assessment is to provide you with practical lifestyle and health advice about how to reduce your risk of dementia.
Brain Training is a 6-week program run by clinical neuropsychologists and neuroscience researchers to maximise your memory.
The purpose of the program is to:
• Improve your general memory with a corresponding increase in your confidence.
• Improve your health and wellbeing through guided strategies to manage lifestyle factors known to impact your memory.
• Learn how to minimise your risk of developing dementia
Dementia Support Programs
Supporting people with dementia and their carers - Anglicare’s Dementia Advisory Services supports people living with dementia and their carers across Blacktown, Nepean, The Hills District and the Cumberland regions. The service aims to provide information, education and support for the person to live at home independently for as long as possible.
- Individual and family support through home visits or phone calls
- Group and forums for information, skill building and support.
- Guidance, support and advocacy to navigate the aged care system and to transition between aged care services.
- Information and education sessions for local people and community workers.
I would like more information on Anglicare’s dementia prevention and support programs