Residential Aged Care
Following advice from NSW Health, a number of restrictions have been put in place at all residential aged care homes within the Greater Sydney area, including metropolitan Sydney, Nepean Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong:
- A maximum of 2 visitors may be permitted per resident, per day.
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask.
- Visits should take place outdoors where possible, or in a resident’s room. No visits are allowed in communal areas until further notice.
- No school groups or other similar group visits are allowed until further notice.
- Resident outings are still allowed at this stage, however, residents are strongly encouraged to wear a mask and must practice good hand hygiene.
- Bookings are required for all visits.
NOTE: The visitation restrictions above do not affect Jean Ross House which is not in the listed regions.
Visitors must not enter any of our facilities if they:
- have been to any close or casual contact locations in NSW or Interstate places of high concern
- have COVID-19 symptoms - fever (37. 5°C or higher) or symptoms of COVID-19
- are a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period
- live in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating
- are waiting for a COVID-19 test result
- (from 1 June to 30 September 2021) have not received a dose of the 2021 influenza vaccine. (Please read the NSW Health advice for exceptional circumstances to this.)
The full advice from NSW Health for residential aged care facilities is available at: Advice to residential aged care facilities - COVID-19 (Coronavirus) (nsw.gov.au)
Online bookings for visits
To ensure we are all following these changed directions, all visitors will be required to use the online booking system to book all visits until further notice.
If you have already had an influenza vaccination this year, please bring a copy of proof of vaccination when you next visit the home.
If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please contact the Residential Manager of your home, email us at [email protected], or call us on 1300 111 278.
Anglicare has temporarily suspended group/bus outings to crowded indoor venues such as shopping centres. We strongly encourage residents who are going on outings to wear a mask and practice good hand hygiene.
Residents who are attending outings and excursions should also ensure that the event complies with the current Public Health Gathering Restriction Order 2021 and no one at the event meets any of the above visitor exclusion criteria.
The Federal Government has begun rolling out COVID-19 vaccinations for residents of aged care homes. We are working closely with the Primary Health Networks who are administering the vaccine to residents across our homes.
[Back to top]