Residential Aged Care
Visitation at our residential care homes in NSW
As COVID-19 cases continue to affect the community, Anglicare is following the advice of NSW Health and taking precautionary measures to keep your loved ones safe. This includes screening visitors upon entry.
For updated information on visitation in residential aged care homes, visit Advice to residential aged care facilities - COVID-19 (Coronavirus) (nsw.gov.au).
Residents are permitted to have two fully vaccinated visitors aged 12 years and over, plus two children aged under 12 years per day.
- Visitors aged 12 years and over must have received a second dose of a COVID vaccination at least 14 days prior to their visit.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to get a booster vaccine if they are eligible for one, and to have a negative Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT) prior to each visit
- Up to 2 children under 12 years are permitted to visit provided they are accompanied by a fully vaccinated person.
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask over their nose and mouth while visiting indoors. For reasons when masks can be removed please see Additional Advice – Mandatory mask wearing.
- Wherever possible, the visit should be in an outdoor area. Visits should not be in any inside communal areas.
- People who are providing a service to the resident (including a health or other professional service) are not counted as a visitor.
- Existing requirements in the Public Health (COVID-19 Care Services) Order 2022 on visiting residents who are at end of life remain in place.
Read the Fact Sheet for visiting our residential care homes if you have further questions.
Bookings for in-person and online visits
To help manage visits to our homes, visitors will need to pre-book their visit. For visitors who are unable to visit in person, we can assist you to connect with your loved one by video calls. Please book these through the online booking system or call the residential care home.
Book your next visit
If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please contact the Residential Manager of your home, email us at [email protected], or call us on 1300 111 278.
[Back to top]