How do I know the clothes, homewares and accessories for sale do not have the virus?
We are following strict safety recommendations from Safe Work Australia and isolating donated items - all items from the donation bins are transported to our Villawood centre, where they are carefully sorted, packed and despatched thereafter to the various Op shops for sale. This means all items are isolated for at least 3-4 days before offering them for sale in a shop to ensure all items are virus free.
How are staff ensuring a CovidSafe shopping experience?
- All staff have undertaken CovidSafe training
- The Op shop is regularly sanitised with an increase in the level of cleaning and disinfecting the shop
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entry of our Op shops. Customers are requested to use the hand sanitiser.
- Our Op shops have Social Distancing signs and non-slip decals reminding customers about social distancing.
- Fitting /change rooms will be temporarily closed until further notice to minimise the risk of infection transmission
What can I donate?
We welcome donations of clothing, shoes, bags, toys and accessories at any of our Op Shops or through our clothing collection bins. All items should be in a wearable condition.
We have 210 collection bins located at Anglican parishes and schools in the greater Sydney and Illawarra area. To find a collection bin in your local area use the location finder above.
How your donation helps others
The modest profit from our Op Shops help to support Anglicare's life-changing work in local communities. Recycling the clothing you no longer wear also helps the environment by keeping valuable goods from going to landfill.
You can stretch your dollar even further by purchasing clothing by the kilogram at our Factory Outlet:
Villawood Factory Outlet
9 Christina Rd, Villawood
Ample parking, easy access from Chester Hill or Leightonfield Station and a great range of quality used clothing, bric-a-brac, toys, books and more!
Volunteer with us
Anglicare Op Shops welcome volunteers and provide a number of ways for you to be involved. It may be a way of gaining valuable experience working in retail or you may just want to join a team that loves what they do. Please see available positions on our Volunteers page.