We work in partnership with churches to run nearly 100 classes in the Sydney Diocese which use English Second Language (ESL) ministry as a part of their community outreach. We equip and train them to reach out to migrants and refugees with varying levels of English. ESL ministry is a practical way to assist those needing to learn English and adjust to a new culture. Through this ministry church members can demonstrate Christian care, acceptance and friendship.
Our support includes training in ESL teaching methods; using the Bible; the practicalities of setting up classes; writing ESL resources; advertising and promotion.
Our team of writers update and produce new resources each year. These resources are written specifically for teaching ESL in a church context, and are being used in Australia and overseas. Hard copy, PDF downloads can be purchased online.
We also provide:
- two teacher training days a year
- ongoing support for all trainees
- ongoing support from Regional ESL Coordinators
- a well resourced ESL Library available to all Anglican teachers
- ESL resources written specifically to teach ESL in a church context available for purchase