Anglicare can support you to look after the person you care for. Enjoy peace of mind, knowing your loved one’s health and support needs are in caring, professional hands. We have a number of support services and care packages that can offer you a break from physical tasks such as personal care (showering and dressing), housework, shopping for the person, popping in to check that they are ok, daily phone monitoring, and taking them out socially. Our caring staff can spend time with them so you can go out or have some time to yourself.
We can also assist by providing counselling, information, education and support regarding the conditions or complex needs the person you care for may have.
- Carer Support Groups - with a focus on people caring for someone living with dementia
- Dementia Cafes for the person living with dementia and their carer to go out and socialise, hear about latest research and make friends with others in the same situation.
- Regular education sessions
- Weekend respite services
- In-home or out of home respite services
- Home visits from experienced staff to provide information, counselling, support and advocacy to access services
- Assistance with the My Aged Care referral process.