Anglicare offers a range of respite options for carers, in-home, out of home in the community, at one of our overnight respite cottages, day respite in a social group environment or residential respite in one of our care homes.
Residential Respite/Short Stay
Residential respite care is available for a few days through to a few weeks at a time. This type of respite involves a short-term stay in a residential care home after which you return home. When you come to one of our residential care homes for respite, you will receive the same care and services as our permanent residents. You will be able to join in on resident social activities, have meals and laundry provided, and have your individual care needs met through our services.
Learn more and enquire about our residential respite options.
In-home respite care
Anglicare’s in-home program is called Flexible Respite which means we can tailor the support to meet your needs. We can arrange for one of our caring staff to support your loved one at home while you run errands or go to work, or our staff member can take the person cared for out for a walk or outing. Whatever suits you both best.
Overnight cottage respite
Anglicare has a number of overnight respite cottages across the Greater Sydney region. We offer short breaks for carers and a lovely holiday for the person being cared for. Our cottages are cosy and our guests are lovingly cared for – we only host small groups, up to three guests at a time with staff being in attendance with them at all times.
Social groups/Centre-based respite
If you like getting out and about, making new friends, sharing good times, great food, activities, games, outings, events, exercise classes, learning a new skill or being creative and having fun, our social groups could be for you. We welcome you to come along, we’d love to meet you! Our centres are located across Greater Sydney, Tamworth and the Illawarra.
Learn more about our Social Groups/ Centre based Respite Programs
Where is respite care provided?
- In your home – we offer care by the hour, half day or full day.
- At a respite centre – from 8.00am to 4.30pm at centres throughout Greater Sydney and the Illawarra, longer stays can be arranged when required. Check our location map to find a centre close to you. Each centre has a pick-up area where transport to and from the centre to your home can be arranged.
- In one of our overnight respite cottages.
- In one of our residential care homes.
Carer support groups from Anglicare
- Anglicare facilitates carer support groups across Greater Sydney and the Illawarra. Our support groups are conducted by experienced dementia care advisors who can provide education sessions, information, support and advocacy for people caring for another person.
- We offer carers the opportunity to come together to talk and share with others in similar situations. The team can also provide in-home visits to provide individualised assessment of needs to work with carers on tailored strategies that improve the person’s independence and quality of life.