Join the Anglicare Volunteer Team
Anglicare volunteers are an essential part of our vision of life-changing care in the community, based on our faith in Jesus Christ. We have about 1,500 committed volunteers who enjoy making a real difference in people’s lives. Anglicare has more volunteers than paid staff. We cannot achieve what we do without the skills, commitment and passion of our volunteers.
Do you have time to volunteer?
Over 6 million Australians volunteered 713 million hours in 2010. That’s an average of 1.1 hours a week.
If you can make the time, we definitely have a volunteering role that’s right for you. Here’s a selection of opportunities available at Anglicare:
- visiting the frail aged
- mentoring youth
- offering social support to migrants and refugees
- performing music or sharing your creative skills
- teaching ESL classes
- assisting in our Emergency Relief centres
- caring for children with a disability
- working in an Anglicare Shop selling recycled clothes
- joining a Disaster Recovery team
- helping pack hampers at Christmas.
‘I’ve found volunteering extremely rewarding and I continue to support young people through role modelling.’
Daniel Talbot – Five Dock Youth Outreach
Volunteering is good for you
Research shows that volunteering leads to improved physical and mental health. (Australian Bureau of Statistics 2007)
When you volunteer with ANGLICARE you:
- become part of a Christian faith-based organisation
- make a positive difference in people’s lives
- have the satisfaction of giving back to the community
- use your skills, experience and interests to make a difference
- gain practical experience and new skills through training, workshops and support
- develop new friendships and networks
“I’ve volunteered at Beecroft for the last 18 years, just doing the little things that are important to the residents. It makes me feel privileged to still be a part of it.”
Shirley Osborne - Chesalon Beecroft
How to apply
We advertise all our vacant volunteer positions online. To apply for any position, simply create an account, login and fill in the online application. If there are no suitable advertised roles for your particular skills or expertise please email Volunteers.