A parent may consider adoption if they feel unable to care for their child due to personal circumstances or family, financial or social pressures. We provide a range of adoption services and support for parents and adoptive families within a 200km radius of Sydney.
Voluntary Adoption for Birth Parents
There are many reasons why you may not feel able to raise your child. Voluntary adoption offers a way for you to plan for your child, so they can be cared for in a permanent, loving family who feel ready and equipped to meet your child’s needs.
Before making an adoption decision, you are given plenty of time and support to make an informed choice about whether adoption is right for you and your child.
Considering adoption for your child
Whether you are pregnant and thinking about adoption, or whether you have recently given birth and are considering adoption, you can contact us to find out about our adoption services.
We are able to provide you with:-
- Information about adoption
- Counselling regarding your circumstances, and assistance to consider adoption and other options
- Temporary voluntary foster care whilst you consider a plan for your baby’s future.
- Information about how placements with adoptive families are made, including your choice about which family your baby is placed with.
- Information about how you can choose to have ongoing contact with your child after they are placed with their adoptive family.
Our post-adoptive services include:
- Counselling and support
- Managing exchange of information between birth and adoptive families.
- Arranging and mediating meetings.
Affected by past adoption
Anglicare Sydney offers ongoing support for all main parties to adoptions made through our agency, whether recent or many years ago.
- Information held on an adoption record, according to regulations, to birth parents and adopted persons who want to find out more and/or search for birth relatives.
- Counselling in regards to making contact and facilitating contact and reunions