Support for foster carers
Support and care at every step.
Every child has an allocated case manager who assists the child and the carer regularly. We value each carer and offer support and guidance throughout their fostering journey.
Supports for foster carers:
- Access to our clinical care team.
- Ongoing professional support from therapeutic specialists, as required.
- Carer skill building groups.
- 24/7 assistance in an emergency.
- Regular opportunities to socialise with other carers, such as Carer meet-ups, foster carer dinner, and annual Christmas party.
- Support group for male carers.
- Activities and annual camp for biological children of foster carers.
- Tax-free carer allowance, to meet the daily expenses of a child.
- Access to respite through regular weekend care for children monthly, as needed.
- Provision of ongoing carer training and courses on relevant topics