Our Care Finders can help
Our free Care Finder service helps older people who experience more difficulty than others accessing aged care services, to connect with the support they need.
The service is available to older people who don’t have a support person to help them (e.g. a carer, family member or friend) and who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Have a cognitive impairment or difficulty processing information
- Are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Have trouble reading and writing
- Speak English as a second language
- Are resistant to receiving aged care services*
Our experienced and compassionate Care Finders can help with:
- Applying for government funded aged care services through My Aged Care
- Understanding the aged care system and what support is available
- Finding aged care or community support services nearby, such as cleaning, shopping, meal preparation, nursing and health care assistance
- Communicating with the government and aged care providers about any existing aged care services the older person is receiving.
Our Care Finder service is currently available in the South East Sydney area.
Please speak with our friendly team for help or more information.